Location: White City, London
At Quell we seek to deliver truly innovative, life-changing therapies for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical company bringing transformational and valued therapies for a range of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as preventing rejection in organ transplantation, based on modular engineered Tregs.
Quell was founded in March 2019 in partnership with six prominent immunological experts from King’s College London, University College London, and Hannover Medical School, and is led by Iain McGill, a leading pharmaceutical executive with extensive relevant experience, having spent most of his 25 years in the industry in immunology, including the areas of solid organ and cell transplantation. The Company was founded with initial series A financing, led by Syncona Ltd who committed £59M with a further £2M contributed by UCL Technology Fund.
Quell Therapeutics are looking for an IT Director who will lead the IT Operations within the organisation. Within the role, they will develop and implement Quell’s IT strategy and manage day to day requirements related to utilization, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading and support of IT systems. They will also facilitate implementation of additional IT, informatics and enterprise technologies as required to support the ongoing growth of the company.
- Implement and manage an IT governance framework suitable to meet the requirements of a small, public company
- Implement and maintain effective cyber security, internal data security and integrity and backup solutions
- Implement and maintain appropriate pharma/biotech research laboratory and GxP IT solutions, including electronic laboratory notebook and LIMS
- Maintain the Group mobile, home working and office IT hardware and software across all UK and non-UK sites
- Define long term strategy, providing strong IT thought leadership to enhance business processes and performance
- Create and manage a physical and virtual training environment that ensures company staff have the appropriate skills set to maximise the benefit available from the company IT solutions
- Responsible for managing the IT budgets
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Hands on experience in a strategic Head of IT / Director level role within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand the business, as well as a good technical grounding
- Proven skills building, developing, and leading IT strategy, leading by example
- Strong project management and execution skills
- A confident and professional communicator with the ability to liaise with all stakeholders, including CEO and investors
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field (graduate degree an advantage)
- Minimum seven years’ experience working in IT operations
- Minimum four years’ experience overseeing IT projects in a management role, in a biotech/life science or regulated healthcare business environment
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and storage systems
- Proven understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 platform and cloud-based platforms and technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Ability to work agile and remain result driven.
- Professional and personable communication skills.
- Driven to solve problems and make decisions pragmatically.
- Demonstrates strong organisational and prioritisation skills to manage a diverse workload.
- Good working attitude, reliability, and flexibility.
- Desire to work with integrity and act as an ambassador for Quell and the wider business.
- Holidays: 25 days per year.
- Life Assurance: 4 x base salary.
- Group Personal Pension: Auto enrolled at 4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution.
- Private Medical Insurance for your whole family.
- Annual Bonus.
- Fantastic collaborative environment at Translation & Innovation Hub
- £61 Million Investment including brand new lab equipment, innovative methods, and exposure to cutting edge technology.
- Flexible working.
- Fast paced and progressive company looking for future leaders and innovators.