Location: White City, London
Quell Therapeutics is a London, UK based, private biopharmaceutical company seeking to deliver truly innovative, life-changing therapies for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical company bringing transformational and valued therapies for a range of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as preventing rejection in organ transplantation, based on modular engineered Tregs. Quell was named as a “Fierce 15” company in 2019 by FierceBiotech and is well funded with a £35million Series A investment.
Quell is looking for a recently qualified in-house patent attorney with a strong background in cell and protein engineering, immunology and immunotherapy.
Reporting directly to the Head of IP, you will be highly motivated, organised and personable, with good communication skills. The ideal candidate will have experience working with direct clients or in-house and must be capable of working as part of a team, directly with scientists.
- Identifying new IP opportunities
- Patentability assessments
- Patent application drafting
- Patent application prosecution
- Monitoring third party IP
- Reviewing FTOs
- Preparing third party observations and Oppositions
- Maintaining and updating IP management system
- IP training
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified CPA, EPA
- Life sciences BSc and PhD
- Patent prosecution
- Exposure to contentious actions – FTOs, third party observations and Opposition
- Drafting experience
- Strong background in cell/protein engineering and immunology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to track, prioritise and carry out multiple tasks in parallel
- Organisational and planning skills are essential
- Attention to detail
We are an exciting, growing biotech company with a culture centred around Innovation, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and, last but not least, having fun!
Our ambition is to be the leading cell therapy company in the Immune Dysregulation field.
At Quell Therapeutics you will find highly talented people who live and breathe our culture, deliver our strategy with you and support you in your personal growth.
Holidays: 25 days per year
Life Assurance: 4 x base salary
Group Personal Pension: Auto enrolled at 4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution
Private Medical Insurance for your whole family
Fantastic collaborative environment at Translation & Innovation Hub
$83.6 Million Investment including brand new lab equipment, innovative methods, and exposure to cutting edge technology
Fast paced and progressive company looking for future leaders and innovators