Production Scientist - Manufacture
Location: White City, London
At Quell we seek to deliver truly innovative, life-changing therapies for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical company bringing transformational and valued therapies for a range of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as preventing rejection in organ transplantation, based on modular engineered Tregs.
Quell was founded in March 2019 in partnership with six prominent immunological experts from King’s College London, University College London, and Hannover Medical School, and is led by Iain McGill, a leading pharmaceutical executive with extensive relevant experience, having spent most of his 25 years in the industry in immunology, including the areas of solid organ and cell transplantation. The Company was founded with initial series A financing, led by Syncona Ltd who committed £59M with a further £2M contributed by UCL Technology Fund.
Quell is looking for a Production Scientist to join the Cell Processing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the manufacture of novel cell therapy products within a GMP environment for use in clinical trials.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated Scientist to contribute to a key part of our work. Quell offers an exciting and highly dynamic environment focused on developing cutting-edge Treg therapies.
- Batch Manufacturing of Quell products within a GMP environment
- Draft and maintain SOP’s and batch records
- Record all activities and deviations within the QMS
- Act and support the team effort in identifying process risk assessments
- Maintain a clean and sterile working environment
- Support the scale up of Manufacturing operations in line with GMP standards
- Support and mentor more junior members of staff
- Engage in continuous improvement to maintain a high standard of practice
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc or MSc degree in a Biological Science, Biotechnology, Immunology related field
- Experience in a GMP Manufacturing environment
- Experience working within a cleanroom environment
- Demonstrable expertise in cell-based processing including cell isolation, culture and cryopreservation
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Good attention to detail and record keeping
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expertise in cell-based techniques including flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR
- Experience working within grade A isolators
- Experience manufacturing cell therapies
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, supporting one another and held accountable for project deliverables.
- Personal drive and goal orientation.
- Detail-orientated and accurate.
- Professional and personable communication skills.
- Driven to solve problems pragmatically.
- Demonstrates strong organisational and prioritisation skills to manage a diverse workload.
- Good working attitude, reliability, and flexibility.
- Ability to work shifts including weekends on occasion
- Holidays: 25 days per year.
- Life Assurance: 4 x base salary.
- Group Personal Pension: Auto enrolled at 4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution.
- Private Medical Insurance for your whole family.
- Annual Bonus.
- Fantastic collaborative environment at Translation & Innovation Hub
- £61 Million Investment including brand new lab equipment, innovative methods, and exposure to cutting edge technology.
- Flexible working.
- Fast paced and progressive company looking for future leaders and innovators.