Location: White City, London
At Quell we seek to deliver truly innovative, life-changing therapies for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical company bringing transformational and valued therapies for a range of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as preventing rejection in organ transplantation, based on modular engineered Tregs.
Quell was founded in March 2019 in partnership with six prominent immunological experts from King’s College London, University College London, and Hannover Medical School, and is led by Iain McGill, a leading pharmaceutical executive with extensive relevant experience, having spent most of his 25 years in the industry in immunology, including the areas of solid organ and cell transplantation. The Company was founded with initial series A financing, led by Syncona Ltd who committed £59M with a further £2M contributed by UCL Technology Fund.
Quell Therapeutics are looking for a QC Scientist who will be accountable for participating in the effective running of Quell’s daily operations in its manufacturing facility. This role will initially report to the Head of Analytical Development.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual with experience of GMP for QC release in the cell therapy setting. He/she should also have a good understanding of the aspects of working in a QC laboratory environment for Ph1/2 clinical manufacture.
- Support Clinical Trial manufacturing through QC testing across multiple disciplines including microbiology, mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, qPCR and potency testing
- Participate in quality actions relating to QC activities e.g. OOS / Deviations / Change controls
- Assist with the qualification and validation of test methods and processes to ensure their suitability for use in support of Clinical Trial manufacturing
- Adhere to Good Documentation Practices in the recording of data and authoring of reports
- Assist with the selection and purchase of appropriate QC laboratory equipment
- Participate with equipment qualification activities
- Assist with technology transfer of QC test methods from the Analytical Development Group
- Support QC stability programmes
- Author reports and regulatory documentation as required
- Work with external QC service providers
- Any other duties as required (post consultation)
- The post-holder will be responsible for adhering to all health and safety guidance, provided by the Company.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience from directly relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Degree or higher degree in Biology/Biomedical Science/Immunology or related discipline
- Skills/Specialist knowledge Experience with a range of biopharmaceutical and cell-based techniques including some or all: Aseptic technique, Sterility testing, Cell Counting, Flow cytometry, PCR, Mammalian cell culture, Potency testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, self-motivated and focused on team outcomes
- Excellent attention to detail and ability
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a busy laboratory environment
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a GMP QC laboratory
- Good understanding of cell biology and immunology
- Understanding of and familiarity with GMP regulations
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to present results clearly and logically, working co-operatively as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, supporting one another and held accountable for project deliverables.
- Professional and personable communication skills.
- Driven to solve problems pragmatically.
- Demonstrates strong organisational and prioritisation skills to manage a diverse workload.
- Good working attitude, reliability, and flexibility.
- Desire to work with integrity and act as an ambassador for Quell and the wider business.
- Holidays: 25 days per year.
- Life Assurance: 4 x base salary.
- Group Personal Pension: Auto enrolled at 4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution.
- Private Medical Insurance for your whole family.
- Annual Bonus.
- Fantastic collaborative environment at Translation & Innovation Hub
- £61 Million Investment including brand new lab equipment, innovative methods, and exposure to cutting edge technology.
- Flexible working.
- Fast paced and progressive company looking for future leaders and innovators.