Research Associate – Process Development
Location: White City, London
At Quell we seek to deliver truly innovative, life-changing therapies for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical company bringing transformational and valued therapies for a range of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as preventing rejection in organ transplantation, based on modular engineered Tregs.
Quell was founded in March 2019 in partnership with six prominent immunological experts from King’s College London, University College London, and Hannover Medical School, and is led by Iain McGill, a leading pharmaceutical executive with extensive relevant experience, having spent most of his 25 years in the industry in immunology, including the areas of solid organ and cell transplantation. The Company was founded with initial series A financing, led by Syncona Ltd who committed £59M with a further £2M contributed by UCL Technology Fund.
Research Associate – Process Development
We are looking to recruit a Research Associate to expand our Process Development team. The successful candidate will be involved in the development of manufacturing processes for our next-generation cell therapies. This individual will work closely with Scientists and Research Associates within the team to design and conduct experiments, presenting findings at meetings. They will also collaborate with other teams in R&D and CMC to progress the development of the Company’s portfolio.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated technician to contribute to a key part of our work. Quell offers an exciting and highly dynamic environment focused on developing cutting-edge Treg therapies.
- Assist in designing, conducting, optimizing, and evaluating new processes for translation into a GMP environment
- Contribute to improvement of existing process design, regarding efficiency and quality
- Handle mammalian and primary human immune cells performing cell isolation, cell expansion, cryopreservation and other processing techniques.
- Perform various immunological cell-based assays including flow cytometry, FACS, ELISA.
- To ensure that all studies, tests and procedures performed in the laboratory follow good lab standards.
- Manage databases and assist in establishing relevant SOPs.
- Ensure all processes and documentation comply with the required standard.
- support day to day lab operations including stock maintenance and lab cleanliness.
- Collaborate and coordinate work with other teammates to meet deadlines and goals.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BSc degree in a relevant study field
- Ability to overcome challenges and possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management and prioritising skills.
- Proven commitment to high quality work and maintenance of high standards.
- Demonstrable laboratory experience
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of immunology and cell therapy.
- Experience in cell-based techniques including cell culture and flow cytometry
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, supporting one another and held accountable for project deliverables.
- Detail-orientated and highly accurate.
- Professional and personable communication skills.
- Driven to solve problems pragmatically.
- Demonstrates strong organisational and prioritisation skills to manage a diverse workload.
- Good working attitude, reliability, and flexibility.
- Desire to work with integrity and act as an ambassador for Quell and the wider business.
- Holidays: 25 days per year.
- Life Assurance: 4 x base salary.
- Group Personal Pension: Auto enrolled at 4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution.
- Private Medical Insurance for your whole family.
- Annual Bonus.
- Fantastic collaborative environment at Translation & Innovation Hub
- £61 Million Investment including brand new lab equipment, innovative methods, and exposure to cutting edge technology.
- Flexible working.
- Fast paced and progressive company looking for future leaders and innovators.