Senior Supply Chain Manager
Location: White City, London
At Quell we seek to deliver truly innovative, life-changing therapies for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical company bringing transformational and valued therapies for a range of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as preventing rejection in organ transplantation, based on modular engineered Tregs.
Quell was founded in March 2019 in partnership with six prominent immunological experts from King’s College London, University College London, and Hannover Medical School, and is led by Iain McGill, a leading pharmaceutical executive with extensive relevant experience, having spent most of his 25 years in the industry in immunology, including the areas of solid organ and cell transplantation. The Company was founded with initial series A financing, led by Syncona Ltd who committed £59M with a further £2M contributed by UCL Technology Fund.
Senior Supply Chain Manager
The Senior Supply Chain Manager, Cell Therapies, is accountable for the setting up and effective running of Quell’s supply chain activities supporting early-stage clinical trial activities.
We are looking for a talented, collaborative and highly motivated individual with significant supply chain management experience and an understanding of cell & gene therapies. He/she should also have a good understanding of the aspects of apheresis and cryopreserved drug product logistics.
- Scheduling of apheresis shipments from clinical sites to Quell’s manufacturing site and of drug product shipments to the clinical sites in close coordination with Quell’s 3rd party logistics provider and our internal Clinical Operations and Production team
- Ensuring materials availability to manufacture Quell products for clinical trials
- Management of Quell’s materials inventory on and off site, incl. setting up of off-site storage solutions
- Vendor/service provider selection and oversight in close collaboration with our Quality and Technical groups
- Key contact for 3rd party logistics providers
- Specify requirements and source material in collaboration with the relevant technical experts
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in SCM, Life Sciences, Engineering or similar
- Experience in pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management and experience with genetically modified cell therapy products, incl. logistics requirements of cryopreserved materials
- 3rd party oversight and vendor management
- Ability to respond quickly to scheduling changes
- Strong communication, stakeholder management and troubleshooting skills
- Very good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information in a concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team player, self-motivated and willing to accept responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- Ability to prioritize and complete work with sense of urgency based on criticality
- Ability to interface cross-functionally both internally and externally
- High organization skills with ability to multi-task
- Facilitation and Negotiation skills
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards, incl. importation of cellular material from 3rd countries would be highly desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, supporting one another and hold accountable for project deliverables.
- Professional and personable communication skills.
- Driven to solve problems pragmatically.
- Good working attitude, reliability, and flexibility.
- Desire to work with integrity and act as an ambassador for Quell and the wider business.
- Holidays: 25 days per year.
- Life Assurance: 4 x base salary.
- Group Personal Pension: Auto enrolled at 4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution.
- Private Medical Insurance for your whole family.
- Annual Bonus.
- Fantastic collaborative environment at Translation & Innovation Hub
- £including brand new lab equipment, innovative methods, and exposure to cutting edge technology.
- Flexible working.
- Fast paced and progressive company looking for future leaders and innovators.